3 popular laser markers recommendation
Fiber laser marking machine
It refers to the fibre laser engraving machine using a fiber laser source. The fiber laser marking machine is mainly used to leave marks on most metal and some plastic and rubber materials. So it is also called the fiber laser engraver for metal, metal laser engraving machine, or the laser engraving machine on metal.
It has advantages of good beam quality, long service life, high photoelectric conversion rate, energy-saving, and environmental protection. The fiber laser engraving machine on metal is mainly used in the fields with high requirements on marking depth, smoothness, and accuracy. It has wide applications in the industries of 3C, automotive, medical equipment, electronic components, IT, hardware, tooling, precision equipment, gifts, gold and silver jewelry, plastic keys, chargers, buttons, etc.
CO2 laser marking machine
It refers to the laser engraving & cutting machine using a CO2 laser. It adopts the post-focusing method, which has the characteristics of small size and a high degree of integration. This type of laser marker is suitable for marking and engraving most non-metallic materials. For instance, paper, plastic, non-metallic labels, leather fabrics, glass ceramics, resin plastics, bamboo, wood, PCB boards, etc.
UV laser marking machine
The ultraviolet laser marker is equipped with a deep UV laser. It is a good laser for engraving metal and non-metal materials. It has the features of high electro-optical conversion rate, long service life, stable operation, high positioning accuracy, and marking efficiency.
The UV laser engraver for metal and non-metal can perform ultra-fine marking and special material marking. It has wide usage in making marks on high-end electronic products, cables, cellphone accessories, food, PVC pipes, medicine packages. And also PCB board, metal surface clad layer, construction material, plastic, etc. This laser engraving portable machine t is the first choice for customers who have higher requirements for marking effects.
Why choose a laser marking machine?
Traditional marking methods include pneumatic marking, electro-erosion, screen printing, and inkjet printers. Compared with above, laser etching machines have been chosen by more and more users due to the following advantages.
- Laser processing is used for optical contact instead of mechanical contact. And it has no mechanical stress. So it is especially suitable for high hardness, high brittleness, high melting point, and high precision working. For example, the fiber laser marking marker can mark cemented carbide, solar wafers, precision bearings, etc.
- Laser processing has the characteristics of high energy density, small heat-affected zone, small thermal deformation, small thermal stress, etc. It will not affect the internal electrical performance.
- The marks made by a metal laser engraving machine are permanent and not easily erased. They have no deformation and falling-off. It is suitable for the anti-counterfeiting of goods and meets the requirements of product traceability.
- The laser engraving & cutting machine adopts a numerical control system, which is easy to configure and modify. And it can realize the requirements of a unique product code. It is suitable for custom processing, with small-batch and multi-batch processing.
- With a delicate marking effect, and high precision, it can improve the product grade and increase the added value. The line width can be as small as 10um, and the depth can be less than 10um. Laser etching machines can leave tiny marks with high precision.
- The laser for engraving metal and non-metal materials has such features as low consumption, no pollution, energy-saving, and environmental protection. Our laser engraving portable machine fully meets the European environmental standards and GMP requirements.
- Laser etching machines and the laser engraving & cutting machine are suitable for flexible processing. You can make custom marks on your products.
Parameters of laser marking machine
|Standard marking area
|Optional marking area
||50x50mm, 100x100mm, 50x150mm
|Laser repetition rate
|Minimum line width
5 factors affecting the laser marking machine price
We all know that the prices of laser etching machines in different brands vary greatly. Famous or well-known brands tend to use high-quality machine parts to ensure product quality and maintain their reputation. So the fibre laser engraving machines of famous brands usually have a higher price than non-famous ones.
With different configurations, the laser marking machine price is naturally different. People may choose common, domestic, or imported kits or parts for their fibre laser engraving machine. Thus, the price of the laser marker using high-quality or imported parts is higher than the one using common parts. Besides, the machine size or effective working size can also affect the price. For example, the price of a laser engraver handheld machine or a mini laser engraver is relatively low.
Common laser etching machines are mainly divided into fiber laser marking, CO2 laser marking, and ultraviolet laser marking. The prices of different types of laser machines are also different. We need to analyze the material type, marking content, and marking effect to choose a suitable laser engraver portable or desktop machine.
Laser marking power
The fiber laser engraver for marking can choose the laser power among 20W, 30W, and 50W. And the CO2 laser power for marking can be 20W, 30W, and 60W, and the UV laser power 3W, 5W, etc. In case that all other configurations are the same, the greater the laser marking power, the higher the machine price.
Generally speaking, the better the after-sales service, the higher the laser marking machine price. After-sales service generally includes the replacement of marking machine parts, marking machine maintenance methods, marking machine upgrades, and so on. The perfect after-sales service makes users more assured.
How to choose the right laser marking machine?
The first thing to consider is the marking materials. For metals, non-metals, alloys, or special materials, different types of laser machines have different processing effects. Generally, a fiber laser marker is mainly for marking most metal materials and some plastic and rubber materials. The CO2 laser marker is mainly for non-metal materials, and the UV laser marking is selected for special materials.
Working table size
First, we must understand that the work table size is not the bigger the better. Because some laser machines have unstable average laser output at each point on a large format. And the marking products on the same table have different depths. This may affect the marking effect. We must choose the suitable marking machine format according to the size of your marking materials.
Specific process requirements
Laser marking can be subdivided into more specific processing techniques, like plane marking, 3D marking, fixed marking, flying marking, and etching. Therefore, users must inform the laser marking machine supplier of their detailed processing requirements before purchasing. Many suppliers can also customize the laser marker based on your specific needs.
Laser machine supplier qualifications
When choosing a laser marker, users tend to focus on the contract and price, ignoring the supplier’s qualifications. It is likely to lead unnecessary troubles for future work. There are many laser machine manufacturers on the market, so it is necessary to do some investigations. A good laser machine manufacturer shall have certain production and delivery capacity, gain multiple relevant certifications, and have a high customer satisfaction degree.
The competition in the laser industry is becoming increasingly fierce. Except for the product quality and price, customers shall also learn more about the services related to the machine. Good laser manufacturers offer a complete service system, including pre-sales, during-sales, and after-sales. Among them, customers usually pay much attention to the after-sales service. It can help customers solve any problems encountered in the installation, testing, and operation.