How does a CNC mill machine work?
First, operators need to formulate processing technology and select processing parameters according to the technical requirements of the part shape, size, precision, and surface roughness. Then input the compiled processing program to the controller through manual programming or automatic programming with CAM software. After the controller processes the program, it sends instructions to the servo device. The servo device sends a control signal to the servo motor. The spindle motor rotates the tool. And the servo motors in X, Y and Z directions control the relative movement of the tool and the workpiece according to a certain path. Now the CNC mill for sale realizes the cutting and milling of the workpiece.
Common classification of CNC milling machine
- Elevating table CNC milling machines: mainly include universal, horizontal and vertical, etc. They are mainly used for processing small and medium-sized parts.
- Gantry CNC milling machines: include gantry milling and boring machines, planer milling machines, and double-column milling machines. And these machines are used to process large parts.
- Single-column mill machine and single-arm mill machine: The horizontal milling head of the former can move along the column guide rail. And the worktable is fed longitudinally. The end milling head of the latter mill can move horizontally along the cantilever guide rail. And the cantilever can also adjust the height along the column guide rail. Both machines can process large parts.
- Worktable non-lifting milling machine: The worktable is available in rectangular and round shapes. It is a medium-sized milling machine between the lifting table milling machine and the gantry type. The vertical movement is completed by the milling head lifting on the column.
- Instrument milling machine: A small lifting table milling machine is used for processing instruments and other small parts.
- Tool milling machine: It is mainly for mold and tool manufacturing, and is equipped with various accessories. For example, end milling head, universal angle table and plugs. In addition, it can also realize drilling, boring, and slotting functions.
- Based on the working travel, the CNC milling machine for sale falls into 3 axis milling machine and 5 axis milling machine. According to the machine size, there are desktop CNC mill, mini CNC mill, hobby CNC mill, industrial CNC milling, small milling machine, etc.
Blue Digital Cutting Machine mainly provides the 3 axis milling machine and 5 axis milling machine.
Which materials can a CNC milling machine process?
It can process various types of materials. These materials include steel, titanium, copper, bronze, zinc, PVC, nylon, wood, plywood, extruded polyurethane, stone, etc. And also stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum alloy, zinc alloy, titanium alloy, copper, iron, acrylic, and other metal and non-metallic materials.
The wood milling machine can deal with planes (horizontal planes, vertical planes), grooves (key grooves, T-slots, dovetail grooves), split parts (gears, spline shafts, sprockets), spiral surfaces (thread, spiral groove) and various curved surfaces. In addition, the wood milling machine can also process the surface and inner hole of a rotary body.
Applicable industries of the CNC milling machine
- Aluminum machining
- Prototyping and modeling
- Military industry
- Rail transit
- Electronic communication equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Construction machinery
How much does a CNC milling machine cost?
Different specifications and configurations lead to different milling machine prices. The small-sized and simple-configuration milling machines tend to be cheap CNC mill machines. For instance, the small milling machine, hobby CNC milling machine, desktop CNC mill, mini CNC mill and hobby CNC mill for sale. The price of cheap CNC mill machines ranges from $2,000 to $10,000 on average. However, high-configuration CNC milling centers may cost $10,000 to $40,000. It is more expensive than the cheap CNC mill.
Features of the milling machine
- Strong adaptability and flexibility for processing parts. It can process parts with particularly complex contour shapes or difficult to control size. For example, mold parts, shell parts, etc.
- The CNC metal milling machine can process parts that cannot be processed by ordinary machine tools. For instance, the complex curved parts described by mathematical models, three-dimensional surface parts.
- High precision, stable and reliable processing quality. The pulse equivalent of the CNC milling equipment is generally 0.001mm, and that of a high-precision CNC system can reach 0.1μm. In addition, the numerical control processing also avoids the operator's operational errors.
- The high degree of production automation can reduce the labor intensity of the operator. It is also conducive to the automation of production management.
- High production efficiency. It generally does not need special fixtures. When replacing the workpiece, it only needs to invoke the processing program, clamping tool and adjustment tool data stored in the CNC device. This greatly shortens the production cycle.
- The CNC metal milling machine and wood milling machine have extensive use in various industries. Like automobile, molding, furniture, construction, decoration, and other industries.
How to choose the right CNC milling machine?
Since the milling machine is available in many types, you need to choose an appropriate one according to your specific needs.
As said above, according to different feeding ways, there are table moving CNC and gantry moving CNC. For milling of wood, soft metal, plastic, acrylic, MDF, plywood, the best choice is gantry moving CNC. If you need a mill for milling metal workpieces, you may consider the CNC metal milling machine. In case that you are looking for a mill for home use, you can choose a desktop CNC mill, mini CNC mill, hobby CNC milling machine, or hobby CNC mill. For mass production of large factories, the CNC 3 axis milling machine or 5 axis milling machine could be a good choice.
Blue Digital Cutting Machine offers brand new and high-efficiency CNC 3 axis milling machine and 5 axis CNC milling machine. These machines can solve the milling requirements for small and big businesses. We don't recommend buying a used milling machine. Because except for the cheap price, a used milling machine has no advantages. You may also take the risk of maintaining and repairing soon after use. However, there are no such concerns if you buy a new milling machine. Blue Digital Cutting Machine will provide complete customer services and solve all your problems throughout the purchasing process.